Thursday, October 10, 2013

PLEASE PRAY FOR THE SOUL OF FATHER JACK FOLMER.............

Reverend Father John "Jack" Folmer, a native Sacramentan of Sacred Heart Parish in East Sacramento, ordained for the Diocese of Sacramento in 1969, who became a a superbly capable canon lawyer, died just a short while ago, after suffering a massive stroke last Friday.  God grant Jack's soul eternal Light and Life in the Kingdom prepared for us from before the creation of the World.  I was blessed to have Father Folmer at my side as the canon lawyer he was, representing me and my parish in a Church matter.  During the past decade I was pleased to spend time with him socially, spiritually, fraternally, and interpersonally, enjoying the stories of experiences, insights, and memories, of his priestly and canonical ministry.  My personal sympathies go out to all his loved ones, and friends, particularly the Henning Family of St. Mel's Parish, in Fair Oaks; and his seminary classmates from St. Pius X high school seminary; St. Joseph's college; and St. Patrick's Seminary theologate :  Reverend Monsignor Jim Kidder, Father Jerry Ryle, Father Steve Avella, Father Pat Foley, to whom Father Jack was not only a brother priest in ministry, but a beloved, cherished, friend.  Peace and Rest be Fr. John Folmer's now and forever !!!  Alleluia Amen !!!!!!!!!!!!!.............Fr.  Troy David Powers

5 comments:

Pat Henning Sr., Deacon said...

After you left, Bishop Quinn came by, and bless him, as you had done. Less than one minute later, Bishop Quinn asked us if Father Folmer's breathing suddenly had changed. We said it did. Then, when Jack breathed is last, Bishop Quinn called out "Goodbye Jack".

Unknown said...

Conversation started Friday
Patricia Holmes Henderson
10/11, 12:19pm
Patricia Holmes Henderson

Dear Father, My son, Joseph and I were more like peripheral friends of Father Jack of late. Earlier we had a good friendship. He was a great help to me for a quite while in my life and while I was attending church at the Newman Center, he was even my trusted confessor. I loved Father Jack, he always made good out of every situation; always took my fears away and tendered down my heart. Now, my heart hurts today both with sadness and some regret. I have been meaning to see him again, take him to dinner again, and just enjoy his company like we did in the past...but, shamefully, we get so busy we seem to let time just pass with the idea that we will catch up and have plenty of time....I regret mostly that I wanted to give him a painting I did of him and JRR Tolkien relaxing and talking on a comfortable porch. I painted it a few months ago, but it is still sitting here resting until I found the time to go give it to him...my chance is gone and he ill not see it.

We will miss him so much and when the sadness of his passing lifts and I am set with the idea that he is resting in peace with our dearly beloved Lord, Jesus...all will be well again.

I am having the painting reproduced on canvas and I would love for you to have one.

Peace be with you, Patricia

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

PAT & FAMILY, THE PRESENCE OF YOU AND YOUR FAMILY AND OF BISHOP QUINN AT FR. JACK'S GOING FORTH FROM THIS LIFE TO GOD'S KINGDOM, WAS A SUPERB WAY TO BID OUR FRIEND AND BROTHER HIS EARTHLY FAREWELL.............

Unknown said...

PATRICIA & JOSEPH, THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR MEMORIES OF FR. JACK FOLMER. WHAT A WONDERFUL STORY IT IS OF HOW HE PERMANENTLY TRANSFORMED YOUR LIVES. GOD BE GOOD TO HIM FOREVER.............

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive