Monday, October 28, 2013

IS SILENCE ALWAYS GOLDEN ?.............

596 Days of praying, pondering, and proactively, proposing possible priestly ministries I am capable of  carrying out as a below the knee amputee in a wheelchair; as verified by my medical team and witnessed to by the People of God in parishes I have ministered to as a presider, preacher, sacramental, and catechetical, Leader of Eucharistic Liturgies and Faith Formation Ministries, I continue to sit on the sidelines of MMT, awaiting a new parish placement and parish ministry assignment.  After striving to  honestly and accurately communicate my intention to return to the full time priestly ministry as a native vocation asset - in the blog columns I have shared, I will go silent about the continuing delay I am undergoing from the powers that be, due to my disability.  I will continue to blog as I have about the experiences of the marginal, part time, informal, ministry I am doing and my insights into a gamut of topics, in the same way I have for four and a half years now.  As a disabled person from birth and a disabled priest dedicated to the empowerment and inclusion of all the Disabled in the Community of Believers of the Catholic Church, I will share my increasing appreciation and understanding of the need there is to further effectively reaching out and drawing in those with special needs to full inclusion and interaction with the Church of Jesus The Christ.  That commitment I will amply inaugurate with my attendance this weekend at the National Catholic Partnership for Disability Convention in Houston, Texas.  Continue to Pray With Hope that my Vocation as an ordained Priest of Jesus Christ for almost twenty six and a half years will continue to serve and lead others to Build the Coming of the Kingdom of God.............Fr.  Troy David Powers

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive