Thursday, October 3, 2013

MY REGISTRATION AND RESERVATIONS ARE SET FOR THE 2013 NCPD CONVENTION IN HOUSTON.............

Having decided to attend the2013, National Catholic Partnership For Disability (NCPD) Convention, "Where Faith And Disability Meet", November 1-2-3-, in Houston Texas; I eagerly completed my registration and set my travel arrangements today.  The NCPD was created as a result of U.S. Catholic Bishops 1978 Pastoral Statement on Persons With Disabilities, founded in 1982, the year I as a physically disabled Catholic man, entered the seminary to become a priest for my home Diocese of Sacramento.  Now 26 years a Priest, having endured further Disabilities during the past 11 years, yet committed to remaining in active ministry for a decade or more longer, it is imperative that I invest some of my time and ministry to the disabled more precisely as a disabled priest.  The theme of this year's NCPD Convention, "Where Faith And Disability Meet", is a pertinent question and focus for me and millions of Catholic-Christians in the USA and globally.  I very much look forward to meeting and interacting with the other attendees as Irenew and expand the horizons of my place and commitment to the Disability Community, especially within the Catholic Church of Sacramento.............tdp

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive