Tuesday, February 28, 2012

VISITORS THIS TUESDAY............

A few minutes after the prosthesisist and therapist left me  this morning, I received my first visit of the day from Msgr. Bob Walton, from Sacred Heart Church across the street from Mercy General.  We had an enjoyable twenty minute exchange, before he went to see Fr, Tom Doriot, a retired priest who is also here at the CCC.  Roger Geach arrived at that stage, bearing the gift of a philly cheese steak sandwich, a diet citrus flavored iced tea, and sugar free candies.  All welcome snacks offsetting the relatively small meal portions.  Presentation parishioners Carl DiCapo and John Smith, who were also here to visit Fr. Doriot, were here next; all four of today's visitors bolstering my confidence to build on this morning's prosthetic / physical therapy session, and proceed to push forward in progressing home and the to the stability of returning to my priestly, parochial, duties.  Roger confirmed what Fr. Oliver notified me of last week, that the phone system here is malfunctioning, making it impossible to call into my room.   Thank goodness for the internet and the ability to e-mail, blog, Facebook, and Twitter, with those of you I cannot presently see or speak to.  At this hour I am standing by for the start of the coverage of today's Michigan and Arizona Primaries............Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive