Saturday, February 18, 2012

AN OVERCAST SATURDAY OF THE ORDINARY............

As the ordinary daily morning drill of vitals, blood sugar monitoring, medications, and breakfast, gets underway interspersed with prayer; the funeral for pop music diva, Whitney Houston fills the television screen.  A Home Going Ceremony, as it is known in the Baptist Church tradition - is a worship service of 1,500 family members and friends of prayer, music, and remembrance.  Filling and passing the time until my therapy sessions, and keeping my very active mind focused beyond the tedium of another day away from where I want to be, doing what I truly meant to do as a priest and pastor, rounding out these days
and nights with activity, so as not to feel cut off from my core reality is vital to moving this forward and get myself back on track.  Fr. Pius, Frances Hood, Patty Pennington, at OLOL and the prayers, calls, visits, and snacks, from my circle of friends and parishioners, are helping me maintain the momentum to work beyond this period of pause.  Getting started on planning and preparing for the Sunday May 6th celebration of my Silver Jubilee 25th Anniversary as a Priest of Jesus Christ, is a project I will be asking my personal friends and past and present parishioners to help me organize in coming days.  Grateful for the help, support, care, and concern, so many of you have, are, and will continue to, provide me in fidelity to faith, friendship, fraternity, and fellowship, I Am Appreciarively In Christ Jesus............Fr.  Troy   

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive