Wednesday, February 1, 2012

FASTING FOR PORT REMOVAL............

Waiting to have my right shoulder infusion port removed today, requires that i fast from all food and drink, water included until it is done. Lunch is due my appetite is raging, and here I lay having to stay hungry. The physical therapist and I worked on pivoting from the bed into an ordinary chair, which was strenuous, but successful. Especially considering it was not from bed into a wheelchair, and I am working without my temporary prostheses. The back pain resulting from today's brief session is much improved over yesterday, and I have not had to call for any pain reliever. For the second night in a row I went without any Norco, and took my last dose 22 hours ago after my pt. A friendly, fraternal phone call from Fr. Steve Avella, made my morning and broke down some of the tedium of being in what for the last several days has become a way station to arriving where I need to be at Mercy General Rehab. A fully active mind, and a inactively affected body, are far from the ideal for any person with spirit, energy, focus, and determination. I am hoping and praying extra hard, that this port removal be done without much more delay, food and drink be available, and transfer completed, in what increasing feels like a protracted, manana moment !!!!!!!!!!!!............Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive