Saturday, February 25, 2012

REMEMBERING MY FATHER TROY DOIL POWERS AND REVEREND FATHER MARTIN JOSEPH CAMPION............

Today, Saturday February 25, 2012, is the Birthday anniversaries of my late father, Troy Doil Powers, who would have turned 90 years old today and who died six years ago on March 5th; and Reverend Father Martin Joseph Campion, also deceased nearly five years, who as a priest in the Diocese of Ossory in Kilkenny, Ireland was born on February 25, 1938.  My dad celebrated his sixtee.  nth birthday on the day Martin Campion was born; and Fr. Campion, who recruited me to attend St. Kieran's Seminary and served as both the Seminary Rector and then President of St. Kieran's College, before becoming Parish Priest of Danesfort, until his death.  Coincidentally, my father Troy Doil, passed away on St. Kieran's Day, March 5, 2006.  As I remember and commemorate them both today I join my prayers, gratitude, and love, with those who knew them and apprecxiated their presence in our lives and the contributions to our lives they made.  May God Grant Them Eternal Life And Peace............Troy David

1 comment:

Covnitkepr1 said...

I write and maintain a blog which I have entitled “accordingtothebook” and I’d like to invite you to follow it.

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive