Wednesday, February 8, 2012

PHYSICAL THERAPY ADDRESSING PAIN IN RIGHT HIP, LEG, STUMP............

My physical therapy sessions yesterday and today, have been focused on loosening a nerve in my right hip, and leg, that has tightened and narrowed and is causing me pain in sitting up.  The exercises are concentrated on tightening my right knee, elevating my leg, and rolling my knee in and out, before releasing and dropping it.  I am also standing on my left leg with walker and therapist assistance to lift, but because my stump has  shrunken, must await arrival of my shrinker socks from the rectory to painlessly secure my stump into the prostheses......As I was finishing my dinner, a visitor arrived from my Lambda Chi Alpha past.  Brother Steve Fishman, who is one of my two little brothers, appeared and spent an enjoyable three quarters of an hour with me, in a well rounded conversation of the past, present, and future.  Steve's marriage was the first wedding I officiated at as a transitional Deacon in 1986.  His visit and the memories and fraternal experiences and friendships we shared, made for an enjoyable sharing and reconnection......I am continuing to lift up in prayer, Mark Peterson and his family, as his grandmother 91.5 years old, slips away.  God be good to her, and strengthen her family at this time............Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive