Tuesday, February 21, 2012

MARDI GRAS' MARVELOUS TREATS............

My Mardi Gras morning started in the 4:50 a.m., when an attendant appeared at my bedside saying she needed to weigh me.  The bed weighing mechanism was not working however, so a simple, left me fall back asleep procedure became a wake me up completely ordeal, causing me to turn fully to the left and the right, and being placed on a sling for weighing.  Why it had to be done at that hour, when I had to be awakened, mystifies me.  So wide awake one to two hours ahead of the usual first call for labs or vitals, I found myself in a forty five minute nap as of 10:45 a.m., prior to doing my physical therapy today.  The lunch portion was relatively small, but thanks to Irene and Ted Dahlberg, who visited me just after lunch the sugar free brownies and chocolate chip cookies they brought me from the Spohn's Bakery in Galt, a superb Mardi Gras treat helped get me through the afternoon.  Even having gained seven pounds since January 24th, I am still a dozen pounds under my optimal weight, and my appetite continues to increase. Clint accompanied by his new co-worker Matt, were here promptly at 4 p.m., to cast me for another temporary prosthetic sleeve, and to adjust my ability to wear the current one so that my physical therapy can excelerate standing and walking.  Please God, coming days and weeks will bring sufficient progress for the stability to return to my emerging mobility in and out of the wheelchair and sitting up for substantial periods of time............Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive