Monday, December 24, 2012

CONCELEBRATING AND PREACHING AT MIDNIGHT MASS IN SACHEART CHURCH TONIGHT............

For Christmas Mass I will be joining Msgr. Robert Walton, the Pastor of Sacred Heart Church across the street here at 39th & J Streets, here in East Sacramento for the concelebration of Midnight Mass tonight.  Fr. Bob has generously invited me to be the preacher at Midnight Mass, which I gladly accepted.  As the final week of calendar year 2012 and my Silver Jubilee 25th Anniversary of Priestly Ordination begins with Christmas Day, I am very happy to affirm and c arry out my liturgical priestly ministry this Christmas with the parishioners and worshippers of SacHeart Parish; especially Midnight Mass, which I have attended, concelebrated, and presided at continuously every year since 1965. (last year, though unable to be in Ourv Lady of Lourdes Church for Midnight Mass, I was a few hundred feet away in the parish rectory.)  Wherever you are this Christmas Eve and Day, do your very best as a Believer and Follower of Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, and attend Christmas Mass, or Christmas Church Worship Service and honor with your fidelity to Discipleship, the essential and indispensable, Reason for the Season : Jesus; Who by becoming the Word Made Flesh made our Salvation possible............tdp 

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive