Friday, December 28, 2012

CHRISTMAS BIRTHDAYS - CELEBRATED IN THE LIGHT OF THE HOLY NATIVITY............

I have a desire for a slice of coconut cake today December 28th, because for many years of my youth through December 28, 1981; my Powers Family always had coconut cake today.  A family Christmas tradition ?  Well, yes - as December 28th was my grandmother Powers birthday. Georgia Ellen Anderson Powers, - called "Ma Georgie"; was born in Cleveland County Arkansas on December 28, 1896.  She was a great baker and the two cakes she enjoying baking most were  Coconut White Cake, and Pineapple Upside Down Cake.  On her Birthday each year she preferred to celebrate it with a coconut cake with all us gathered together wishing her many happy returns.  With no coconut cake under this roof, this year I had to settle at lunch for a piece of pound cake, as the sugar free dessert of the day; and as my substitute treat thanks to Irene Dahlberg and her family, a delicious slice of Mother Sanchez's pumpkin bread for Christmas.  Enjoying the physical cake, is secondary to commemorating the spiritual meaning of it and the custom and memories of Family it affords me and allows me to share with you.  To any all and my friends, followers, and readers, in the blogsphere who are celebrating their birthday today or during the Christmas Season, may the joy and memories of your Personal Solemnity be bright as it is cast in the Ultimate Light of the Birthday of the Messiah...............tdp  

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive