Thursday, December 20, 2012

BISHOP SOTO COMES ON A PRE-CHRISTMAS ADVENT VISIT............

At just after 2 p.m. this afternoon, Joe Gibson asked me if I wanted to join him and his niece Christina for a visit to Peet's Coffee and Tea down J Street, within the hour and that if so, they would arrive here for me.  Available to do so I accepted immediately and told him I would be waiting downstairs outside at the main entrance.  As I was sitting there a half hour later awaiting Joe and Christina's arrival, enjoying the sunshine and brisk air, who drove into the parking lot but Bishop Jaime Soto, coming to visit Bishop Quinn and the three of us priests, residing here at MMT.  he sat there on the bench out front that I had parked my wheelchair next too and chatted for several minutes and getting updated until the Gibsons arrived.  It was a nice and very pleasant conversation and after four months it was nice to see and visit with Bishop Soto.  Down to Pet's Christina, Joe, and I, rolled and strolled, and they saw me back here in time to catch up with the dfay's latest news, especially developments with the Fiscal Cliff negotiations and U.S. Capitol Funeral Services for Senator Daniel Inouye of Hawaii, the second longest serving U.S. Senator ever after 50 years of service in the U.S. Senate.  I am just back from dinner and ready to begin my evening activities in readiness for Christmas next week............tdp  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

THANKS, SO AM I. NOW TO BUILD ON IT. HOW HISTORICALLY IRONIC AND CONTINUOUSLY CONNECTIVE THE BORK / INOUYE DEATHS COMING IN THE SAME WEEK ARE. I THINK IT UNDERSCORES THE ORDER OF CREATION IS THE DIVINE PLAN OF LIFE. GOING TO SEE THE SAN FRANCISCO SYMPHONY'S CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY SHOW AT THE MONDAVI CENTER TONIGHT............

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive