Monday, December 24, 2012

CHRISTMAS EVE VISITORS............

A truly joyful two hours it was for me this morning to receive such kind and considerate Christmas Eve visits from Father Steven Avella, my cherished colleague, home for Christmas with his mother and family, from his post as a Professor of History at Marquette University, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.  A truly loyal friend, and brilliant man he is to converse with on all subjects, for the incisive personal, pastoral, and professional, abilities he possesses.  And to have that followed by an immediate visit from beloved Sr. Julianna, as great a catechist and pastoral minister as any of the Mercy Sisters, it has been my privilege to be taught by, teach with, or share in ministry with during my life.  Firming up tomorrow's celebration of Christmas Day with Msgr. Kavanagh and parishioner family invitation we have received is my next duty before my last prayers of Advent, and the Welcoming of Christmas............tdp

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive