Wednesday, October 27, 2010

SPENDING MY WEDNESDAY DAY OFF OFF WITH A BEST FRIEND AND THE RELIGIOUS EDUCATION STUDENTS OF OLOL..........

After 8 am Mass I  am on my day off, until 7 pm, when OLOL Religious Education ministry requires that I return for the students pre Halloween / All Saints Day dress up party.  It will be an enjoyable eleven and a half hours off, as my closest of lay friends, Curtis Richards, is in town and will be coming to spend the afternoon and early evening with me.  Whenever Curtis visits me just weeks or months after I move into a new parish, he comes to work and assists me in getting my rooms in the rectory organized.  He will be doing that here again today and is always a great help.  Tonight's RE event is having the children dress up as their favorite saints, and a cross section of them come up and tell us about their saint, after I speak to them about All Saints / Halloween.  Then they share in refreshments and play games.  As it is going opposite the San Francisco Giants in the World Series, it will be interesting to see how turnout is affected.  More Tomorrow As This Jesus Journey Continues To Unfold,   Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive