Friday, October 22, 2010

THE FRIDAY BEFORE FOUNDER'S DAY 53 @ OLOL..........

Wrapping up this 29th Week in Ordinary Time, which has been plenty ordinary, and getting ready to celebrated the Parish Founder's Day on Sunday, I blog to you this review of my day in parish ministry.  After 8 am Mass, I had my Parish Ministry Meeting With The Pastor, with members of OLOL Ladies Council.  Then after a belated breakfast, I answered phones and sorted through the All Souls Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Offertory, envelopes that were delivered to the rectory doorsteps, along with the Christmas folders I ordered for this year's schedule mailing.  Then from 9:30 am - 11 am, I answered the phone, in advance of the Parish Secretary's arrival.  A look through the mail, and writing my blog column for today on the topic of, "Bullying", was next, and then it was time to have lunch.  After lunch, I wrote an All Souls Day letter to the parishioners, which will be stuffed, labelled, and inserted with an envelope, for mailing to all our parishioners next week, in preparatIon for our November Month of Remembrance of the Faithful Departed.  As the parish is also observing the Catholic Charities USA Centennial this weekend, I also had Keith stuff the Sunday Bulletin with the flyers from the Sacramento Diocese about the charities that are beneficiaries of Catholic Charities of Sacramento.  Also I am gearing up for the Founder's Day Root Beer Social on Sunday, after the 10:30 am Mass.  I have designated it as a, "Unity in Community", event, with no particular parish ministry working to oversee it, but letting the parish members provide for it all together, in celebrating the OLOL'S 53rd Anniversary as a Parish.  Now with dinner done, I  head off to rest and chillax - online with e-mails and Facebook, and a movie or two on TCM.  They have really delivered perfect classic black and white classic films the past two nights, hopefully it's three in a row..........Thanks For Reading My Loyal Blog Enthusiasts,  Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive