Friday, December 18, 2009

WINTER BREAKS START - "IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS".........

School children and college/university students start their winter breaks this afternoon, for the next two to five weeks. In the words a well known seasonal song, "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas". I am starting to take my daily walk around the neighborhood a little later in the afternoon to early evening, so as to enjoy the residential Christmas decorations. I will begin my small amount of Christmas shopping tomorrow, but being true to my childhood family experience, save some of it to do on Christmas Eve. What I don't complete tomorrow will have to wait until then, as Sunday night to Wednesday night, I will be in Phoenix, doing my 4 Month Post Kidney Transplant Evaluation at Mayo Clinic Arizona. I had a very pleasant visit with Bishop Francis Quinn today and will be concelebrating his 5:00 pm Christmas Eve Vigil Mass with him in the Cathedral of the Blessed Sacrament. Tonight I am attending Presentation Parish's Latin American Cultural Ministry's, 'LAS POSADAS', celebration in the church followed by refreshments in the Nano Nagle Center.........May the Sacred Lord of Ancient Israel extend His Mighty Hand to Save Us in Advent Joy, Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive