Thursday, December 31, 2009

THE 7TH DAY OF CHRISTMAS - ST. SYLVESTER ...AULD LANG SYNE...AND MY MOVE TO SAC HEART EAST SAC.........

Organizng the pieces of my belongings yet to be moved to East Sacramento later this afternoon, I have been doing that for several hours now in a prayerful and reflective mood, as I remember and savor the past 3 years and 7 months residing and ministering in Arden Arcade. These have been both a challenging and exhilarating 43 months thanks to the people of Presentation and St. Philomene's. Their presence, participation, generosity, support, appreciation, and affirmation of me and my priestly ministry, have been truly wonderful. I thank you, will always remember you, and keep you in my prayers and Masses...Sacred Heart's transferring Parochial Vicar Fr. Felipe Paraguya, departs the parish for St. Paul's Parish, in Florin this evening, and I will arrive In Residence to transition smoothly tonight. It is my practice when moving from one parish to another, to be in the rectory of the new assignment, on the eve of the effective date. Tomorrow being that day at Sacred Heart for me, I will usher in 2010, and the 84th Anniversary day of the founding of the parish under its roof in East Sacramento...I have successfully taken my first two 10 mg. Prednisone anti-rejection drug doses, yesterday and today. I learned something about it this morning, as I washed it down with diet ginger ale. Their flavors do not compliment each other !! The fact that one of prednisone's side effects is weight gain, is one more bonafide reason to start more strenuous exercise in the New Year. I have more than thirty post transplant pounds to take off in the months ahead...Time to get back to the dregs of moving. As we bid Auld Lang Syne to others, saying goodbye to 2009, and welcoming 2010, thank you for being among the 500 persons who have read my blog since it began on April 19. For your prayers and interest in my kidney transplant and convalescence, and for your discipleship in Jesus our Lord and Savior...In the Truth of The Word Made Flesh Who Redeems Us This Christmas-New Year's Eve.........Fr. Troy
p.s. - St. Sylvester, an early Pope, whose liturgical feast day is today, Dec. 31, was thought to be according to a story shared by one of my seminary professors, among those popes who traveling by horseback to Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve, stopped to do his Christmas shopping along the way !!!!!!!!!! ha ha !! he he !! HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE.........

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive