Thursday, December 31, 2009

NEW YEAR'S EVE, IN RESIDENCE IN EAST SACRAMENTO..........

The prime time New Year's Eve telecasts have just begun. It's less than 2 hours until Midnight in California and the Pacific Time Zone, so here comes 2010 A.D. !!!!!!!!!! I completed my move into Sacred Heart rectory by 5:30 pm tonight, thanks to Noe and his sister, Gabby. At 6:30, I had dinner with Msgr. Bob Walton, my new Pastor, who cooked a very nice meal of chicken, rice / potatoes, carrots and zucchini. I then began unpacking my rooms, and took a nearly hour's walk up J Street to Alhambra Boulevard and back to the rectory, at 39th and J...As I watch and listen to the Ryan Seacrest and Carson Daly, New Year's Eve specials on ABC & NBC, I set my nativity scene up on the sitting room coffee table and lit a candle to welcome both the Infant Christ Child and the Baby New Year, to my transition experience from convalescence to reactivated parochial ministry in July 2010..........Love, Gratitude, Prayers, in the Memorable and Meaningful, Miracle Year It Has Been For Me and Surely Yourselves,
Fr. Troy David Powers

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive