Sunday, December 20, 2009

RETURN TO THE MAYO CLINIC HOSPITAL ARIZONA FOR MY 4 MONTH POST KIDNEY TRANSPLANT EVALUATION.........

10:26 am...Having concelebrated the 4th Sunday of Advent Vigil Mass with Rev. Fr. Pius, at St. Joseph's Church in North Sacramento Saturday night, I am packing my carry on bag and preparing to go to the Sacramento International Airport for my 1:05 pm flight to Phoenix. The Evaluation is three days, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and I am scheduled to fly home to Sacramento Wednesday night, in time for Christmas...12:24 pm...I am now at the gate waiting on my flight to Phoenix to depart. It is on time and I should be in Goldwater International Airport before 3 pm. So far, this weekend has worked out as I planned it. Bishop Soto's letter transferring me Jan. 1, to Sacred Heart Parish in East Sacramento, arriving yesterday has added a sense of transition to my immediate preparation for Christmas. It means packing, moving, and storage, to get done between Dec. 28-31. As is my practice, I plan to be in Sacred Heart rectory Thursday night to take up residence. Last night, I had a delightful chat with Mrs. Walton, Msgr. Walton's mother, who is a parishioner at Presentation. Boarding is being called so more later...4:36 pm...I have arrived at my hotel, the Hampton Inn Suites on North Scottsdale Road in Phoenix. I have settled into the comfort of my suite, with the Chevy Chase movie National Lampoon's, "Christmas Vacation" on AMC. Two more Christmas movies being broadcast are, "A Christmas Carol", with George C. Scott; and "Prancer". Time to have an early dinner, an order of Albondigas soup and a Chicken Fiesta salad, from Carlos o'Brien's Mexican Restaurant across the street from the hotel. With 7 am Fasting Blood Labs to start the Mayo Clinic 4 month Evaluation tomorrow, I must eat dinner before 7 pm and then only water until Midnight after that. More Monday from a warm 68 o in Phoenix...O Flower of Jesse Stem and O Key of David, Lead to the Christ Who Is Coming Anew........."Troy the Transplanted", Temporarily Returned to Mayo Clinic Hospital Arizona.

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive