Wednesday, December 2, 2009

THE "JOSEPHINE TREATMENT" 2009 GOES TO.........?????????

The 'JOSEPHINE TREATMENT', is my title for the Anniversary Memorial Roses I send to someone special to me or my mother, on December 2. For more than a decade after my mother's death, I took the roses to her grave at St. Mary's Cemetery in South Sacramento. I have one red rose added to the bouquet for each year my mother has been gone, and one white rose included in the middle of the red ones, to represent eternal life. On a very wet and windy Dec. 2 1996, in the car, driving to the cemetery from Oroville, with a 15 rose bouquet sitting on the back seat, I asked myself why I was going to place those gorgeous flowers on the grave to be battered badly by the raging storm ?
They were the last anniversary roses I placed on her grave. Since then I have from Labor Day to ThanksGiving determined who in my circle of friends and fellow believers, should be given the Josephine Treatment that year. This year the recipient chosen is, PATRICIA HORNBACK, my friend and colleague from St. Patrick's / St. Rose's, thirty years ago, and for the past three and a half years, my parishioner at Presentation Parish in Arden Arcade. Thank You and Congratulations, Pat...EnJoY !!!!!!!!!, the 'Josephine Treatment' anniversary roses in my mother's memory.........tdp

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive