Sunday, May 27, 2012

A WONDERFUL SUNDAY VISIT FROM TRUE PENTECOST PEOPLE............

On this Pentecost Sunday, the culmination of the 50 Glorious Days of Easter, Catholic-Christians commemorate the Descent of the Holy Spirit upon the Apostles, following the Resurrection and Ascension of the Lord Jesus.  Christ's Gift of the Holy Spirit not only fulfilled His promise not to leave us and all Believers on our own, but rather imbued with the charisms, strength, and sustenance, God's Spirit brings.  The unusualness of this Pentecost Sunday for me being detached from public ministry and liturgical celebration other my my own private prayers and Mass, I happily welcomed the visit Ted And Irene Dahlberg made to me this afternoon.  Spending time with them made today more than just another day to be passed sitting on the sidelines, filling time.  The Dahlbergs faith, friendship, support, and generous presence, like that of a number of parishioners, personal friends, and a good group of brother priests, whose unconditional care and concern for me remains unconditional, is making a real difference to me during this travail.  At the one decade mark of dealing with the physical limitations my health challenges have exacted upon me and my priestly ministry, I am deeply grateful to all of you who have stood faithfully with me through these ten years, not distancing yourselves or discounting me as a person and a priest; affirming, not marginalizing, my ordained ministry; providing friendship, fraternity, and support; not because you have to, but because you truly want to, furthers my perseverance not to give up, or give in, to the disappointing conditional indifference and lack if understanding, others who have every reason to be supportive and affirming, choose not to provide.  My personal and vocationally dedicated prayer this Easter-Pentecost Day is that God's Spirit of Love and Dignity for the Human Person can and will be achieved everyone in the World and the Church, by every person to every person, so that inclusion and empowerment, not physical or imposed limitations, will prevail in all our lives............Fr.  Troy

1 comment:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive