Wednesday, May 2, 2012

JUBILEE 25 !!!!! IS HERE....."THIS IS THE DAY THE LORD HAS MADE, LET US REJOICE AND BE GLAD"; ALLELUIA !!!!!............

Twenty five years ago this morning, I awoke in the rectory of St. Rose's Church in South Sacramento, to meet the day of my Ordination to the Priesthood of Jesus Christ, with Paul Schloeder and Eduino Silviera, for the Catholic Diocese of Sacramento by Bishop Francis Anthony Quinn.  We three, were the Centennial Ordinands in the history of the Church of Sacramento, and I became only the 40th native born, locally grown, priestly vocation produced in the Sacramento Diocese.  Today, as we celebrate our Silver Jubilees as priests, I have awoken in downtown Sacramento, giving Glory, Thanks, and Praise, to God for my Life, Faith, Vocation, Family, Parishioners, and Friends, who have shared in this quarter of a century of priestly, pastoral, ministry with me in ten parishes in the twenty counties of the Diocese of Sacramento, I have been privileged to serve thus far.  To the People, Deacons, Religious, Priests, I have been blessed to be a servant leader to, and with, I express my lasting appreciation and gratitude.  On this date two and a half decades ago, I was in my eleventh month as Transitional Deacon in St. Joseph's Parish, Auburn.  To them, and the parishes of Holy Family, Citrus Heights; St. John the Baptist, Folsom; Holy Rosary, Woodland; St. Joseph's, Yreka; St. Thomas the Apostle, Oroville; St. Rose's, South Sacramento; Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Arden; St. Philomene's, Arden/Arcade; Sacred Heart, East Sacramento; and my current and fourth pastorate of, Our Lady of Lourdes, Del Paso Heights/Rio Linda/Elverta/Robla;  I say Thank You and God Bless, for being such an indispensable part of the very reason I answered and have maintained my Vocation as a Catholic Priest for twenty five today; despite and beyond, the multiple physical health challenges of the past decade.  You have shown superb support and solidarity with me for which I am ever grateful.  My intention as I celebrate this milestone in ministry is to push forward and continue serving as an active priest and pastor, God willing, for many more years to come.  To Reverend Fathers Eduino Silviera, Paul Schloeder, Daniel Donohoo, David Mercer, Oliver Maher, and all my other seminary ordination classmates, including Bishop Thomas Daly; I express congratulations and prayerful blessings, in words renewed we heard upon our Ordinations, "Ad Multos Annos"............Reverend Father Troy David Powers,  Pastor;  OLOL Parish,  Sacramento.

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive