Friday, May 11, 2012

WAITING ON THE CHECKED BAG THAT TRAVELED BEHIND ME FROM NEWARK, N.J. ............

Whereas my flights home from New York City and Newark Liberty Airport yesterday went smoothly, and returned me to Mercy McMahon Terrace at 12:30 a.m., on schedule - the one bag I checked did not end up on the flight from Newark to San Francisco with me, thus I am still awaiting its arrival more than sixteen hours after my return to Sacramento.  It is supposed to be delivered by 6 p.m. .  I have spent the day resting and regrouping after my two weeks away.  I have returned to a warm welcome back and to more cards and messages from parishioners and friends marking my 25th anniversary of Priesthood.  I am awaiting a return telephone call from Curtis Richards, who is in Sacramento on a visit with his family.  We are hoping to get together while he is in town.  Tomorrow, Scott McKenna, another Sacramento State Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity brother alumnus, will be passing through Sacramento coming from Reno, and plans to stop by to see me.  Due to work and distance he had to miss coming as planned on May 2nd, I look forward to visiting with him Saturday afternoon............Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive