Thursday, May 17, 2012

MY 12 HOUR DAY IN NORTH AND SOUTH SACRAMENTO............

In addition to attending and concelebrating this morning's 10 a.m. Funeral Mass in Our Lady of Lourdes Church in Del Paso Heights for Jeanette Winstead, my very dear friend Curtis Richards' grandmother and my OLOL parishioner the past twenty two and a half and a half months; I also taxied from there to St. Rose's Church in South Sacramento for this evening's Confirmation Mass.  I concelebrated Jeanette's Funeral Mass with Fathers O'Reilly and Traynor and concelebrated the Confirmation Mass, at which Bishop Soto conferred the Sacrament on 105 confirmndi, including 2 special needs children;  with the Bishop and Monsignors Kavanagh and Church.  A truly meaningful, wonderful, and invigorating, day of priestly ministry it has been.  I am grateful for the invitations and the opportunities to take part.  I am especially proud of Curtis for the words of remembrance and the message of memories about his grandmother he delivered at the Funeral Mass.  My prayers for him, his mother, and entire family, as well as for his grandmother will continue; and it is my hope the friends he and I we mutually share will join me in sympathies and prayers for the Richards-Winstead Family............Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive