Thursday, May 10, 2012

BIDDING THE BUTLERS FAREWELL AS THEY CONCLUDE THEIR SILVER JUBILEE VISIT............

As Day 3 in New York City begins we are making a leisurely start to our morning, as we prepare to depart for Kilkenny and California.  It has been a fantastic two week adventure celebrating with Geraldine, Kevin, and Fr. Oliver, as well as showing the Butlers their first look experiences of California and New York.  We will have Brunch together and then in mid-afternoon depart for Newark Liberty Airport for flights to Ireland and California.  It has been an awesome two weeks introducing my dear Irish friends to USA, after twenty two and a half years since first inviting them to visit me in the Golden State.  My flights home depart less than an hour before theirs, but by the time I arrive in Sacramento, Kev, Ger, and Ollie, will be back in Ireland.  I am glad we had this time together celebrating our mutual silver jubilees and for having Oliver deliver a truly outstanding Jubilee Homily, at my 25th Anniversary Mass of Thanksgiving last Wednesday.  I also extend my thanks to my friends, family, and parishioners, who so warmly welcomed them and helped make the Butlers American holiday, a vacation they will always remember with fond memories.  Slan, my cherished friends, until we meet up again soon in, "Ye Faire Citie", of Kilkenny !!!!!!!!!!!!............Troy David Powers

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive