Saturday, August 14, 2010

VACATION PLANS DELAYED FOR MONSIGNOR COFFEY'S FUNERAL NEXT WEEK..........

The death of Reverend Monsignor Andrew V. Coffey, on Thursday, at age 89, a priest in the Sacramento Diocese since 1948, and a close friend and colleague for the past sixty two years of Msgr. Edward Kavanagh, has postponed the vacation we were scheduled to leave on tomorrow. We were supposed to depart for Ireland on Sunday, for the express purpose of being present on Tuesday, at the St. Kieran's Seminary Priests Reunion and Day of Recollection. It now looks like Msgr. Coffey's Funeral will occur on this coming Thursday, so that our departure on vacation has been postponed until Tuesday August 24. Yesterday and today were supposed to be my battening down the hatches days, before departing - which now gives me nine more days of parish ministry to do in my introductory weeks as the new, 6th Pastor of Our Lady of Lourdes Church, in Del Paso Heights / Rio Linda / Elverta. Presently, I am in the process of finding and hiring a part-time parish Secretary- Bookkeeper. I am also seeking persons to do maintenance and music ministry, particularly an organist. These additional nine days of pastoring will also bring me 14 more scheduled Masses and all the other ministries of being a parish priest.. This morning I have a meeting concerning the weekly cleaning of the Parish Hall. Then I will prepare the General Intercessions, and finish my Sunday homily, as the beat goes on, this forty-fifth day of my pastorate of OLOL..........As The Late Father Cornelius O'Donnell* Was Known To Say, "Facing The Puck Out"** , Fr. Troy

*the late Rev. Fr. Con O'Donnell, was the 3rd Pastor of Our Lady of Lourdes Parish from 1973-1982.
**Fr. O'Donnell was Pastor of Holy Rosary Parish, Woodland, when I served with him as Associate Pastor, from May 15, 1992 - March 16, 1993.

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive