Tuesday, August 24, 2010

ST, ROSE OF LIMA, ST, BARTHOLOMEW, AND DEPARTURE DAY DELIVERED..........

Having honored St. Rose of Lima yesterday, the saint in whose name, the first Catholic Church in Sacramento was built during the Gold Rush in 1849, at 7th and K Streets, and today commemorating the Apostle, St. Bartholomew, the day of departure on vacation 2010 has arrived.  This is also the eve of the first anniversary of my kidney transplant, as Msgr. Ed Kavanagh and I head off, on our eight day delayed jaunt of Eire.  As I aait his and Victor's 4:30 am arrival at OLOL, to pick me up to go to the airport and our 6:20 am flight, know that my laptop is going with me and I shall blog while in Ireland, as well as the side trip Father Oliver has planned for he and I to Marbella, Spain.  I leave OLOL in Fr. Tony Traynor's well familiar and experienced hands as Pastor Emeritus.  As I said at the end of Mass Monday morning, "Slan", the Irish word for so long, fare thee well..........Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive