Wednesday, August 11, 2010

DAY TWO OF MY FIRST ANNUAL POST KIDNEY TRANSPLANT EVALUATION AT MAYO CLINIC PHOENIX / SCOTTSDALE DAWNS..........

5:37 am - It is my second day at my first anniversary evaluation of my kidney transplant at Mayo Clinic Hospital Arizona in Phoenix / Scottsdale. The major procedure today doing the Radiological Exams and a Bone Density Test and a multi hour / overnight, Hypertension and Blood Pressure Monitoring,that requires I present myself on both campuses. I will take the 6 am Hampoton Inn shuttle to the Mayo Hospital site and then take the Mayo's internal shuttle over to the Clinic site fourteen miles away. There I will be fitted with a blood pressure cuff and monitor to be worn at least until tomorrow morning. The Mayo staff, the last two times I had this done within the year, sent me back to the hotel to resume normal activity except to keep a written record of my activities each hour as the blood pressure readings are being taken, every twenty to thirty minutes. No free hotel breakfast again this morning given my early departure for the Mayo, so I will grab a bite there, before heading back to the Hampton. Much more to blog, but time is short for now. More later.....Prayers + Gratitude, fr.tdp..........

10:32 am - I was outfilled with my blood [ressure monitor and finished at the Mayo Clinic Hospital today by 9:35 am, and back at the hotel at ten minutes to ten. I sat out at poolside for several minutes and decided as my room is being cleaned to blog awhile. Talking to my shuttle driver this morning about what affect he sees the new Arizona immigration law having. He said a great number of persons have lost jobs as a result. I am surprised it is not being talked about much in the media, as the Arizona Primary is in about a month, and it is a major campaign issue. Another interesting political development here being former Vice President Dan Quayle's son, Ben, is running for Congress and highly favored to win. Ben Quayle is 33 years old, touting how much he learned from his father's, "conservative values", but now is caught up in an uproar over an adult website, he reportedly contributed copy to in the past, under a pseudonym, as recently as four years ago. Time for a brief nap after my 4:30 am wake-up call. No long naps are permitted while wearing the bp monitor, for it will only read the presurres hourly, not three times an hour. That is acceptable during the night, but not during the day, per the requirements of the test..........Peace In Christ, Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive