Thursday, August 12, 2010

DAY THREE OF MY FIRST ANNIVERSARY POST KIDNEY TRANSPLANT EVALUATION @ THE MAYO CLINIC HOSPITAL ARIZONA..........

As my third and final day of this first annual post transplant evaluation begins, I was able to stay in bed this morning until 6:30 am !!!, and actually have the complimentary Hampton Inn breakfast, the entree of which today is mexican flavored scrambled eggs, and tortillas. The previous two times during the past year I underwent this blood pressure monitoring procedure, it was for only six to eight hours duration. This has been a twenty four hour monitoring, which put sleeping last night at a premium. After watching television, telephoning, reading, and praying, and the monitoring cuff inflating every twenty minutes or less, until 12 midnight, - I was fully awake until 2:30 am , adjusting to sleeping with it. From 12 midnight until 8 am, the cuff inflated hourly, so that from 2:30 -6:30 am, I was able to sleep for upwards of an hour at a time. I will be taking the hotel shuttle to the Mayo Clinic Hospital AT 9:15 am, to drop off the bp monitor, only to return to the hotel to pack, and then shuttle back for my final Evaluation appointment, at 1 pm, with my transplant pal from last year, Physician Assistant Jason Bodner, for the summary review meeting. Then I will come backl to the Hampton to retrieve my carry-on bag and take a taxi to Goldwater International Airport, for my 5:55 pm flight to Sacramento. After what I look forward to being a very good night's sleep in my own bed, I shall celebrate the 8 am Friday Mass at Our Lady of Lourdes, and spend Friday and Saturday battening down the hatches, make Sunday's liturgical preparations, hear the 4 pm Saturday Confessions, and preside at the 5 pm Saturday Vigil Mass. I hope you have enjoyed this blogging regarding my three days in Phoenix / Scottsdale and the assessment experience of the one year mark since my kidney transplant. Thanks for reading and for your continuing support and prayers..........Lovingly And Gratefully Yours, Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive