Sunday, August 29, 2010

THIS WAS THE DAY IN 1982..........

It was on this day, twenty eight years ago, Saturday August 28, 1982, that I departed Sacramento, California USA,  flying to Ireland, in readiness to begin my priestly formation at St. Kieran's Seminary, in Kilkenny.  It was on that very morning that the Most Reverend + Alden J. Bell, 6th Bishop of the Diocese of Sacramento died, at age 78.  Hardly did I know that just 16 days later, upon entering St. Kieran's as a seminarian, that I would meet the man whose friendship and priestly fraternity, bring me here to Marbella, Spain, as well as back to Kilkenny 's Cathedral, Rev. Fr. Oliver Desmond Maher, my dearest friend, closest classmate, and presbyteral colleague..  With one week until the 2010 All Ireland Hurling Final, between County Kilkenny and County Tipperary, from Espana, on the third day of this Marbella holiday, I proclaim, " UP KILKENNY CATS", and, UP FR. OLLIE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............................Fr. Troy @ the Senoria de Marbella..........

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive