Sunday, August 29, 2010

SATURDAY AND SUNDAY 'SOL' IN SWELTERING SUNNY MARBELLA..........

An 11:30 am wake up Saturday, and it was off by car ,for Ollie, Ken, Irene, Adam, and I, for Puerto Banus, circa 10 kilometers away, for a visit to the Cortes Ingles, where I purchased my wall plug adapter, allowing me to use my computer, shaver, and cell phone charger.  Lunch followed, across from the marina, where I enjoyed delicious barbeque spareribs at Picasso's; then the Maher males and me took a walkabout to the marina shore for a closer look at the boats.  After a few hours rest at our apartment interneting for me, we headed out a few miles to the prominently, Irish-British pubs area of Marbella, for preprandials at, "Home", a bar owned by Rosemary and Jerry, who are friends of Irene and Frank.  Rosie formerly worked at The Orange Tree restaurant.  Our Saturday dinner was at a wonderfully delicious, Italian restaurant, "Da Bruno". To complement my mocktails of ginger ale and agua mineral con gas, I chose the cold melon soup, served in a cantaloupe half rind, followed by veal saltimbocco..........Sunday morning Oliver and I, drove as closely as we could to the old city walls, as traffic was detoured by the Tour of Spain cyclists, who are ridng through Marbella, today.  A light breakfast at a cafe aross from LaMuralla Church, we attended the 12:3 pm Mass with a full congregation, then joined Oliver's family for Lunch, at a neighboring cafe, across from the church.
After returning from Sunday Mass, we spent five hours chillaxing in our apartment, as I continued blogging, Facebooking, and e-miling, while doing my laundry which will take more than a day to dry out on the balcony.  A taxi to thebeach front promenade, O, K, and me, had Chinese food for dinner, before recessing to two Irish pubs for a few pints and jars !!!  After interneting for two hours more, I followed Oliver's lead, and went to my bed.  That summarizes our Saturday and Sunday adventures and experiences, in high thirties, low forties, Celsius temperatures (100-110 degrees Fahrenheit) in the somewhat sweltering, August heat and humidity of our Marbella, Spain holiday..........ONWARD TO MONDAY !!!!!,   Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive