Tuesday, August 10, 2010

DAY ONE OF MY FIRST ANNIVERSARY KIDNEY TRANSPLANT EVALUATION @ THE MAYO - IN ARIZONA..........

6:06 am -Morning Prayer, a shower, television news, per normal, but no coffee, medications, or breakfast, with the smell of bacon, eggs, sausages, and waffles, wafting through the halls of Hampton Inn, only water and more water between 5:12 am and 6:12 am, as I now blog this column, and await the 6:30 am shuttle to the Mayo Clinic Hospuital fore 7 am blood labs. Then I am permitted a 'light breakfast after I take my meds and insulin, before having a biopsy and await other appointments. I have brought plenty of books to read and look forward to getting through the day and back to my hotel room and the chance to blog more about the experiences of my one year post transplant Evaluation with the Mayo team. I am so hungry, I may take a nap on the shuttle bus, ha.....ha.....Peace And Prayers For A Productive Day..........

1:06 pm - No nap for me on the shuttle as Brian the driver is a very good conversationalist. We departed at 6:23 am, and he had at the front doors of the Mayo Clinic Specialty Building well before 7 am. I was called punctually and found myself in the cafeteria by 7:05 am. My Biopsy and Ultra Sound were not scheduled until 11:45 am, but my lucky day they took me shortly after 9 am, followed by an hour of observation in the recovery room. My August '09 - December '09 Recovery Room nurse, Eileen, was on the job again today making for a pleasant hour. After lunch at the Mayo Clinic, some very good Broccoli-Cheddar soup, Brian came and shuttled me back to the Hampton Inn. And voila, here I am finishing up this first entry in my Annual Evaluation report, on the 350th day since my kidney transplant. A short while ago, my friend Sara Nava, whom I refer to as Our Lady of Lantana, for the street she lives on - called me to check in, and see how I'm doing healthwise and in the new parish, Our Lady of Lourdes..........In The Spirit Of Faith, Friendship, And Fulfillment, Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive