Monday, August 9, 2010

BACK AT THE SCENE OF MY KIDNEY TRANSPLANT.....ON THE EVE OF MY FIRST ANNUAL EVALUATION..........

After concelebrating the 8 am Monday Mass, with Father Traynor, seeing to it that the Sunday collection was squared away, sending off the Sunday Bulletin copy to JS Paluch by e-mail and the outgoing mail to the postman, I drove to the Sacramento Airport for my flight to Phoenix and the start of my first annual, post kidney transplant, Evaluation, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Athe Mayo Clinic Hospital Arizona. Not only is this for me a return to the scene of the transplant for full testing and assessment, but also a remembrance of a year ago as my kidney transplant was about to occur. Returning to stay at the same Hampton Inn, as last year and being in Scottsdale as well as Phoenix . My day begins tomorrow with a 5 am wake-up call, a 6:30 am shuttle ride to Mayo and 7 am Fasting Blood Labs, then a Biopsy and other appointments well into the afternoon. I must fast from food and drink other than water, for twelve hours tonight until tomorrow morning, so I plan on having a Mexican dinner at Carlos O'Brien's across the street and then make it an early night. I again want to thank all of my faithful and supportive, circle of family, friends, fellow believers, bishops and brother priests, for seeing me through to this one year mark after the kidney transplant and the resumption of my good health and productive priestly pastoral ministry. God bless you all and keep reading as I blog to you daily from Post Transplant Central, the next three days here in 105 degree plus. From Phoenix / Scottsdale, Arizona..........Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive