Sunday, January 29, 2012

HOW ORDINARY IS A SUNDAY WHEN IN THE HOSPITAL ?............

On this 4th Sunday in Ordinary Time, being in hospital, cannot be described as ordinary by any definition. Between 5:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m., I had labs, morning assessment, breakfast, a visit from the doctor, and a physical therapy assessment. The plan is still for discharge tomorrow to Mercy McMahon. The p.t. assessment went well, and was I was able to sit up at the end of the bedside independently, without pain, or assistance; yet I cannot stand without my prostheses,with a walker and therapist assistance, although I made a good effort at it. In the past two hours morning meds, including antibioticS were given, and through all this - my primary focus has been thinking of OLOL Parish and the worshipping, ministering, praying, community of belevers coming together for Sunday Masses. How much I miss them and being there presiding, proclaiming,serving, leading, cathecizing, socializing, in the spirit and truth of priestly and pastoral ministry. I also really miss the Sunday interaction with the R.C.I.A. members. I fully acknowledge the priority of being focused on my health and well being, but I also will not abandon my ordained responsibility to God and the Church, to return to my pastoral and priestly duties at OLOL. I am resolved to do everything in my power to recuperate, rehabilitate, and return, to my priestly parish duties as soon as I am stable enough to do so. Roger Geach, as ever these past three and a half years and particularly the last decade, called to check in with me last night, and we enjoyed a wonderful conversation. The prayers, loyalty, support, and caring - of family, friends, parishioners, and colleagues, like Roger and his family, keeps me anchored and confident to move onward and push forward. I am hoping to talk to Father Oliver today after his Christmas Days off. Thanks and gratitude to all of you for hanging in with me through this cross in my life that is undetachable in some form from the lives of any true Catholic-Christian. And our mutual Faith in God and the Paschal Mystery of Jesus Christ is my / our whole reason for being Believers. This Too, Shall Pass In The Victory of Christ,............Fr. Troy

1 comment:

Ruby said...

OLOL is blessed to have you and father Pius taken care of us parishioners.  I am grateful that you have always been there for my family in all our needs.  Take care of yourself and get well.   We miss you.  

The shepherd family.  

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive