Friday, July 9, 2010

MY PARENTS : TROY DOIL AND JOSEPHINE VIRGINIA POWERS.....THEIR MARRIED LOVE BEGAN 60 YEARS AGO TODAY..........

On July 9, 1950, my late parents, Troy Doil Powers and Josephine Virginia Corey Feusi Powers, were married. So today were they still living would have been their 60th Wedding Anniversary. For nearly thirty two and a half years my parents were husband and wife and raised me and my three brothers and twin sisters, when my mother died at age 60, on December 2, 1982. My parents and two older brothers Harry and Jerry Feusi, moved into the house my father built in 195o, at 2616 52nd Avenue,in South Sacramento, where Alice, Alene, Thomas, and I, also grew up and where my brother Tom still lives. With grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins living all around us, my parents marriage and our home life were very family centered. As I remember and give thanks for my parents , twenty eight years after the last anniversary they celebrated together on earth in 1982, that evening continues to shine. When I asked my mother what she wanted to do for their 32nd Wedding Anniversary, she said to go to the dinner show at the, "Zombie Hut" nightclub on Freeport Boulevard, a highly popular place from the mid 1940's through the early 1990's, to which she and my father had never gone. So I made a resevation and my brother Tom and I took my parents there for dinner and the floor show and a most memorable evening. Not only was my mother enthralled with being there in the Polynesian splendor that was the Zombie Hut, but my father also entered into it in ways that surprised. He thoroughly enjoyed more than one of the signature cocktails offered, "Zombies", and then after dinner danced with my mother to the song, "The Anniversary Waltz", on a soon crowded dance floor and all four of us also truly enjoyed the floor show with the renowned Zombie Hut Polynesian Dancers. As always on this day my thoughts, prayers, memories, and love, go to and are with them on what would have been their 60th Anniversary Day.........All My Love, Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive