Monday, July 5, 2010

JVCFP : SHE WAS BORN ON THE 5TH OF JULY..........

July 5, 1922, was a seminal day in my life and the life of my family, more than thirty four years before I was born. On that day in Sacramento, a baby girl was born, the fifth child of a Portuguese-American husband and wife, a child named Josephine Virginia. That baby girl grew up to be a loving daughter, sister, wife, and mother, to six children of her own. I am the third of those six children, for that woman was my beloved Mother, JOSEPHINE VIRGINIA COREY FEUSI POWERS..........As I ready myself for this morning's Mass my mother is primarily on my mind as I remember her life and love, during her sixty years on earth. And although she has been faithfully departed for nearly twenty eight years, on this her 88th birthday anniversary, her spirit and love are still as alive and present to me as ever. I know she would be pleased that I am now the Pastor of Our Lady of Lourdes Parish, for my mother had a devout and abiding devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary. My mother's love for God and Church, were so deeply a part of her that she was generous and caring for all who needed help whether it be her family, neighbors, friends, or even strangers. I am sure she is rejoicing with my father, brother, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and her friends and neighbors, who have passed on. I am proud to be her son, and to have received from her the love, inspiration, support, and encouragement, to become a priest of Jesus Christ and be the person I am. In prayerful remembrance and commemoration I say Thank You Mother. May your generous presence on Earth be rewarded now and forever in Heaven..........Eternal Rest Grant Unto Her Soul O Lord, HAPPY 88TH BIRTHDAY ANNIVERSARY, Troy David

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive