Friday, July 2, 2010

DAY TWO AS PASTOR OF OUR LADY OF LOURDES MINISTERING, MEETING, AND MAKING DISCOVERIES..........

My second day as the new Pastor of Our Lady of Lourdes Parish, started wonderfully with an 8 am Mass attended by 34 persons, up from 21 in attendance yesterday. I cannot take credit for the increase as it is the First Friday of the month and during the summer months there is only one Firs Friday, not the usual second Mass in the evening, as during the remainder of the year, in recent times. Fr. Tony Traynor concelebrated Mass with me again today and then I went along with him and parishioners Tom and Ora Mae McLoughlin from Rio Linda, for their regular breakfast get together at Sammy's Restaurant on Del Paso Blvd., which Fr. Traynor introduced me to on Wednesday after my move into the parish. Returning to the rectory the Sunday Bulletins were awaiting me at the front doorstep from JS Paluch Company and then within the hour received the Federal Express delivery of my post transplant medications from the Mayo Clinic Specialty Pharmacy. Answering phone messages and meeting with the parish Director of Religious Education, Canossian Sister Felicity Brusadelli, FdCC, until lunch - I then picked Fr. Traynor up at his mobile home park and lunched with him, spending the afternoon discussing my transition into the pastorate, gaining insight and information helpful to me in settling into my new responsibilities.as Pastor. I am also grateful that Fr. Tony has agreed to supply for me from Aug. 15 - September 8, while I am on vacation. Returning to the rectory - after watching the evening news and having a personally made chef's salad for dinner, I forayed into developing my Homily for this Sunday's Masses. Having received from Sr. Felicity a heads up about who to Contact on the Parish Women's Council about organizing the Installation as Pastor Parish Potluck in the Parish Hall, I will spend some time tomorrow organizing those details. All in all, another good day being the newly arrived, 6th Pastor of OLOL Parish, in Del Paso Heights / Rio Linda..........In The Love Of The Sacred Heart of Jesus And Mary, Our Lady Of Lourdes, His Blessed Mother, Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive