Wednesday, September 19, 2012

AFTER SIX MONTHS ON THE SIDELINES THANKS TO SACRED HEART I AM BACK TO WEEKLY MINISTRY AGAIN............

The mounting frustration of sitting on the sidelines at Mercy McMahon Terrace for the past six months away from doing the parish ministry as a priest I am capable of doing, will lessen beginning this week as I have accepted the kind and gracious invitation of Monsignor Bob Walton and R.C.I.A. Director Rita Spillane, to join the Sacred Heart Parish Team of the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults Ministry, which got under for the 2012-2013 year last night.  One of my favorite Church ministries, I am eager, edified, and excited, to accept the invitation to participate as a team member and to resume taking part in public ministry on a regular weekly basis, doing what I was ordained to do versus being in an unnecessary holding pattern.  The R.C.I.A., is one of the ministries of Faith Formation and Adult Education, that has been a priority for me the past 30 years, from my seminary years throughout the twenty five years of my priestly life. The opportunity and experience of accompanying Inquirers, Catechumens, and Candidates, through their journeys of discovery about, and formation in, Catholic-Christianity, and their initiation into Discipleship with Jesus, as members of the Community of Believers.  I very much look forward sharing in Sacred Heart Parish's R.C.I.A. during this Parish Year and feel gratified to be able to do some part-time parish ministry while this involuntary exile from parish life and daily ministry continues indefinitely............Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive