Saturday, August 18, 2012

SLOW MOTION SATURDAY............

After two days in a row of lunch and coffee outings getting out into the community beyond the corner of 39th  & J Streets, Saturday was a slow paced day, which even played out at lunch and dinner.  My anticipation for traveling to Phoenix on Tuesday and a two and a half week respite from the surroundings of Mercy McMahon away and on the road, will be reinvigorating and closer to my normal existence in the general community, instead of subsisting in this environment where my relative youth is obvious.  Days like today are a reminder to me of the value of the opportunities I have to break away from the mundane routine of a holding pattern I need not be in, and to maximize the time they afford me for an ongoing normative experience for a man and particularly a priest, not ready to retire and whose physical disability does not preclude me from continuing in the ministry I am ordained to carry out............Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive