Friday, August 24, 2012

3RD ANNUAL KIDNEY TRANSPLANT EVALUATION COMPLETE WITH VERY GOOD RESULTS............

Day 2 of my Kidney Transplant evaluation for this year, started off with the unexpected delay in getting the hotel shuttle to the Mayo Clinic, as the shuttle driver was not told of my 9:30 a.m. ride request and departed with other residents from the hotel next door at 9:20 a.m., without me.  I waited after calling him and he returned at 10:15 a.m., and got me to the Phoenix campus just in the nick of time to catch the Mayo Clinic shuttle for the fourteen mile drive over to the Scottsdale campus for an 11 a.m. appointment.  I literally walked in the door of the Mayo Clinic building at 11 o'clock and the doctor arrived in the examining room less than five minutes later !  Because immunio suppression makes transplant recipients more subject to skin cancer, as much as 65% more likely to contract it, a dermatological check is included in the evaluation.  Then it was back to the Phoenix campus, to meet with the Physician's Assistant, Susan Lostetter, for the summary discussion of my medications, medical history, yesterday's blood labs, and a brief physical examination.  A relatively light scheduled two days this year, which Susan says will continue to be the case as long as my kidney function continues successfully.  So I am back at the Hampton Inn, where I will chillax tomorrow, before heading to Southern California, where I will vacation while watching and blogging as much as possible during the Republican and Democratic National Conventions............Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive