Friday, August 17, 2012

DELIGHTING WITH THE DAHLBERGS AT LA ROSA BLANCA............

In the lead up to my going to Phoenix next Tuesday for my 3rd Year Transplant Evaluation, Irene and Ted Dahlberg took to me to lunch today at La Rosa Blanca Restaurant on Fulton Avenue, their first time there and my return visit back after eight months away.  Jeremy was working today so it was a double treat delighting in LRB's delicious food and having the chance to see Jeremy and a picture of his eight and a half month old son.  Joe Gibson has just called and invited me to go down to Peet's with him before dinner.  Ruth Rosenberg may join us.  Each of these outings and others are welcome visits with valued friends I am truly blessed to have and who care enough about my socializing beyond these walls while I am away from parish life, to provide these opportunities to get out regularly and maintain a degree of normalcy during this abnormal time.  My gratitude to Ted and Irene, Joe and Ruth, the McNamaras, the Penningtons, among other cherished and faithful friends, who I appreciate ever greater............Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive