Thursday, August 16, 2012

LUNCHING AT THE BON LAIR WITH MY FRIEND J. PATRICK MCNAMARA............

Joe McNamara came by this afternoon and took me to lunch down the street at the Bon Lair Pub, where we caught up on things and had an enjoyable visit.  It was great to breakaway for an hour or two, and and  spend some quality time together as we have so many times over the past twenty five from my Ordination/First Mass weekend, to his going with me on my 1987 visit to Ireland and his active participation in my Silver Jubilee celebration three months ago.  He and his wife Deb, along with the entire McNamara Family have been, and continue to be, very good friends and supporters; especially now when their friendship means even more to me interpersonally, spiritually, and socially.  Father Steve Avella also stopped in for a friendly and fraternal hello, with a former student of his who is now a Bishop.  As always, seeing and speaking with Steve brightens and enriches my day as he is an inspiring and outstanding priest............Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive