Thursday, December 12, 2013

WHEN THE GAME "21" IS NOT FUN.............

Today makes 21 months I have been involuntarily exiled in a senior citizens retirement residence while I am not a geriatric.  As soon as I can arrange to find a suitably accessible apartment to live independently in the general community, I will be moving into it and recapture some normalcy in my disabled, but still enabled and capable priestly life.  More than five decades ago when I was a disabled child and outside my family circle, the Church was the one place I found full acceptance and the equal opportunity to serve; the most popular game show on television, was "21", the entertainment program that caused the quiz show scandals of the late 1950's.  As a game it was intended to create fun and enjoyment for the participants and the audience. The game of  21 I have made been made to be marginalized and warehoused by for that number of months and continuing, has in no way been fun.  Instead of doing assigned ministry I remain capable of despite my physical disability challenges, as a  weekly presider over Masses and Sacraments and preacher of the Gospel; I sit on the sidelines for the most part doing only the informal, part time ministry, the generously fraternal invitation of a handful of priestly colleagues provide me; causes me to ask is this what Jesus would do with me ?  Is this the Catholic-Christian reform and renewal Pope Francis is advocating for the Church and the World ?  As the past 21 months have shown me there are a growing number of people who affirm, appreciate, and expect my priestly ministry to continue, and are concerned about me, not because I have twisted their arms or brainwashed them, but in truth because my life and ministry as a priest has impacted their lives.  As I muster up more patience and perseverance with the optimistic expectation God's Will shall prevail and the Lord who calls me and His Church who ordained me will not discard me into a premature retirement, but appoint me to a new parish placement and priestly assignment, being supremely, confidently, hope filled, that is what Jesus the High Priest and Pope Francis our Holy Father want for me as much as I do, for the common good of the People of God.............Father Troy David

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive