Sunday, December 1, 2013

THE ADVENT SEASON AND THE AWESOME ANTICIPATION OF THE COMING OF THE LORD JESUS 2014.............

The Worship of this First Day and Sunday of ADVENT 2014, begins with the Breaking Open The Word, with the SacHeart RCIA Inquirers and Team, at 9:30 a.m., then concelebrating the 11 a.m. Mass with either Msgr. Walton or Fr. Juan.  As the the New Liturgical Year opens I had greatly hoped to be presiding and preaching in fulltime parish priestly ministry.  Alas, the redundancy of my nearly 21 month holding pattern proceeds to be drawn out and marginalized, to unofficially ministering as I am invited to, but without a canonical placement or assignment from Bishop Soto.  I will continue to push forward to be fully restored to the priestly pastoral parish ministry God is calling me to continue doing; as a disabled but still able, 57 year old priest.  Ordained Ministry I am remain capable of carrying out as attested to by my medical team, and and an increasing number of my parishioners, friends, and leaders in the Sacramento community,  are witnessing to my being able to provide.   As People of God may we light the way of Faith in the Coming of the Lord Jesus this Advent,  and let us pray together that enlightenment will envelop everyone in the Catholic Church ,,to affirm and support the continuing accessibility, inclusion, and participation, of the 14 million Catholics in the United States who are Disabled, including me and the many other Priests of Jesus Christ, who are are wheelchair bound, paralytics, quadriplegics, or otherwise challenged.  A Blessed and Proactive Advent of the Lord.............Fr.  Troy David

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive