Saturday, January 12, 2013

TEN MONTHS TO DATE AND AS OF YET - INDEFINITELY INVOLUNTARILY EXILED.............

Relegated as of today for the past ten months to involuntary exile from parish priestly life and ministry by the powers that be, because my right foot below the knee amputation has me in a wheelchair - which they choose to view as a, "problem", instead of an, "empowerment"; while my doctors, personal friends, and former parishioners, know and attest to my current capability to carry out priestly parish ministry my current twilight zone of life continues. I am abundantly grateful for the latter group of persons just referred to, for their affirmation and support, and in particular appreciative to Monsignor Robert P. Walton, Pastor;  R.C.I.A. / Adult Faith Formation Director Rita Spillane, and the Sacred Heart Church parishioners, here in East Sacramento, for providing me with opportunities to do some part time priestly ministry. Otherwise I  am sitting on the sielines being warehoused in this retirement community / assisted care facility, neither which define me presently at 56 years old.  I am neither ready to retire, leave the active ministry of the Catholic priesthood, or find another secular job, as some have suggested to me.   But I am also resolved to move forward in the months ahead and resume full time parish ministry, residing outside Mercy McMahon Terrace or any other facility, and will explore and exercise, all viable opportunities to do so.  In the meantime, I will pour myself into the opportunity  of ministering part time at SacHeart, and in other parishes and places in the greater Sacramento area, as invited and needed to do so.............Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive