Sunday, September 1, 2013

EMERGING FROM THE SHADOWS OF THE SIDELINES SEEMINGLY SOON.............

On this 77th Sunday in out of the ordinary time residing in involuntary exile as a 56 year old priest far from being retired yet made to live for nearly seventeen months now as though I am twenty to forty years older, in a retirement community as if I am an over the hill tarnished commodity being  set aside and put out to pasture; during which my perseverance and good faith have been sorely tested, at last thanks to love and support of the people in my life who know me best and the longest and whose belief in my effectiveness on ministering as a Priest of Jesus Christ and there vehement attestation that my continuing to be warehoused inappropriately and unnecessarily must end and the resumption of my full time ordained priestly ministry proceed to move forward, the Sacramento Diocesan Administration is starting to address this situation productively and affirmatively for the first time since March 2012.  My lack of further patience with anything less and the expectation and efforts of my loyal and supportive faithful friends and former parishioners to see me back doing the liturgical presiding and preaching and the sacramental celebration as well as faith formation I have consistently provided for more than a quarter of a  century, will continue until my return to parish life every Sunday and daily, where I truly believe Jesus calls me to be and please God for many, many, more years to come.  With Faith, Hope, + Love In Jesus The Christ Who Saves and Sustains Me and You, as the People of God.............Fr.  Troy David

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive