Wednesday, August 28, 2013

A LIGHT AT THE END OF THIS TWILIGHT TUNNEL ?.............

I met this morning at 10 am with Reverend Father Blaise Berg, the Episcopal Vicar For Clergy to discuss ending my involuntary exile of nearly a year and a half and return to full time ministry with my imminent an exit from Mercy McMahon.  It was the at long last a productive meeting that can potentially resolve the impasse of indifference concerning the continuation of my ordained priestly ministry  to and for, the Sacramento Diocese for the 17.5 months totaling to date- more than 75 Sundays and well over 500 days I have been relegated to the sidelines, except for limited, occasional opportunities to minister and preside and preach at public Mass and administer Sacraments.  I express appreciation to Dr. Randy Martin M.D.. of Sutter Roseville Medical Center whose consistent verbal advocacy for the resumption of my priestly since my placement at MMT he put into a strong letter of support for me and my ministry which he sent to Bishop Soto earlier this month.  His letter along with that of neurologist Dr. Mahmood, come simultaneously with renewed and vehement support for ending what an increasing number of close friends and former parishioners are referring to as my being, "warehoused" inappropriately and unnecessarily in a senior citizens community were the age of the residents is 75-100 !  I am ready, able, and oh so willing, to carry out a combination of parish, diocesan, and community, ministries that will serve the People of God in the Church of Sacramento, as I have being a native born, locally grown, priestly vocation and will r,emain loyally devoted to carry out for years to come , going forward.............Fr.  Troy

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Best news in a long time. I just it just took a minor tweek.

Unknown said...

A MINOR "TWEAK"ing OF NEARLY A YEAR AND A HALF !

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive