Thursday, September 19, 2013

WAITING NOW THREE WEEKS MORE HEADING INTO FOUR FOR AN ACTIVE MINISTRY PLACEMENT AND ASSIGNMENT FROM THE DIOCESAN ADMINISTRATION.............

After spending the past year and a half patiently and perseveringly waiting for a positive and proactive placement and assignment in active ministry again, and having had the first productive and optimistic meeting to achieving that goal occur just three weeks ago, twenty two more days of inaction have elapsed and I still erroneously sit here on the sidelines of a senior citizens residence when I am far from being elderly or retired.  And why ?   Just because I happen to be in a wheelchair after a below the knee amputation of my leg ?  I have been a physically disabled person all my life and it has never vanquished me from attaining a fine education from elementary school to graduate school, through two theologates, the transitional diaconate, ordination to the priesthood, and more than a quarter of a century of active pastoral priestly parish and diocesan ministry, in sixteen different placements and assignments from September 4, 1961 until March 12, 2012.  From my first day of Kindergarten until just fifty three days short of my Silver Jubilee Day as a Priest of Jesus Christ and the first presbyteral ordinand in the second century of the Catholic Diocese of Sacramento California.  How is it in the minds and  hearts of the Diocesan Administration that I changed from being a productive priest and pastor, to being thought of as a burden and liability rather than an asset, between January 22, 2011 - the date my right leg was amputated below the knee; and March 12, 2012, when I was forced into this retirement community / assisted care facility and not allowed to  return to the the parish rectory of my pastorate; as though I am a leper, to be outcast and ignored ?  These are not only my questions but the concern of increasing number personal friends. parishioners, and community leaders, who are perturbed with the insensitivity being shown to me and my valued ministry for what is an indefinitely protracted period of time on the sidelines in this geriatric residence.  If you are one of those who believe as me, my doctors, and others do, that my being warehoused in MMT is unwarranted, and a waste of my capabilities, please let Bishop Soto know.  Until I receive a new placement and assignment that recognizes and affirms that Father Troy David Powers is disabled - not unable - to continue the public ministries of presiding and preaching at at Sunday and daily Masses, administering the Sacraments, and teaching the Catholic-Christian Faith, I will feel incomplete.  With Good Faith God's Will For Fairness, Justice, and the Opportunity, to  resume Full time Priestly Ministry in this, my Native Sacramento Diocese.............Fr.  Troy David

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive