Thursday, September 12, 2013

WAREHOUSED @ MMT FOR EIGHTEEN MONTHS TODAY.............

Today, September 12, 2013, is a full year and a half  hat I have been left on the sidelines of priestly ministry in the inappropriate and uncalled for setting of this retirement community, assisted care, short term stay, residence for which I am twenty to forty years too young, and where my priestly ministry, spirituality, and socialization, are not served or furthered.  Whereas were I carrying out active priestly ministry during the past eighteen months I would have publicly presided at more than 600 Masses, Sacraments, and other Priestly Ministries.  Involuntarily exiled, as I have been - the actual numbers of  what I have been permitted to do as priest in good standing, active and not retired, are : Publicly Presiding at just 1 Mass - my Silver Jubilee of Ordination to the Priesthood Mass.  A 25th Anniversary Liturgy celebrated in the Church of my Baptism in South Sacramento, not in the Parish Church in Del Paso Heights I was the canonical Pastor of on May 2, 2012.  I have been able to Preach only 4 times, thanks to the generous invitations of Monsignors Walton and Kavanagh, despite my decades of proven and effective ability as a preacher and teacher of the Gospel and Catholic-Christianity.  1 Baptism, 1 Marriage, and 1 Funeral, 2 Anoitings of the Sick and Dying, Concelebrating 33 Masses, and asked to join the Sacred Heart Parish R.C.I.A. and Adult Faith Formation Team and facilitate the Parish Dads Group,  42 Shared sessions.  All in all, merely a scant number of opportunities for public priestly ministry, when I am verifiably affirmed to be capable of doing so much more presiding, preaching, teaching, and sacramental ministry as an active parish and diocesan priest. Please God my further stay in the geriatric twilight zone of being unfairly warehoused will end VERY SOON and a productive and pro-active response will come forth from the Diocesan Priests Personnel Board and Bishop Soto.  In That Spirit Let Us Continue to Pray For Each Other.............Fr.  Troy David

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive