Friday, September 3, 2010

A DECIDEDLY QUIET ST. GREGORY THE GREAT DAY AS THE WE PREPARE FOR THE ALL IRELAND HURLING FINAL WEEKEND..........

Chad Buechel, who I trained as an altar server along with Brad Dahlberg, and others at St. Rose's Church in South Sacramento, thirty years ago, wrote on my blog yesterday, "Rest in peace Bradley my friend.  Chad Buechel".  Brad had valiantly combatted cancer the past ten years, which came to a culminating point in recent months.  God be Good to him now in Eternal Life.  To his parents, Irene and Ted, my prayers, support, and sympathies are extended, along with those of  Msgr. Kavanagh.  I have been privileged since 1980, to know, work with, and minister to, the Dahlberg Family.  Msgr. K'S  pastoral and personal relationship with the Dahlberg and Sanchez Families go back decades longer than that.  " May God the FathWho raised Jesus the Lord from the Dead, raise You up", Brad and console Ted and Irene, in this time of bereavement. Peace, my beloved friends..........
                                  .....This first Friday has been a quiet, close to home day in KIlkenny for me.  I awoke and got out of bed after six hours of sleep for an hour this morning, and then went back to bed for two and a half more hours.  Oliver and I had lunch at the Clubhouse Hotel, mine being fillet of Plaice, carrots, turnips, brocoli, and creamed potatoes, and milk.  I pc-ed for an hour watched some television, prayed on this St.Gregory the Great feast day, he being the liturgically reforming Pope, who inspired Gregorian Chant.I took a nap, and then have been blogging.   It is time for dinner in the presbytery, then a light and early night, including the Late, Late chat Show season premiere on RTE 1 Television..........That's COMMUNICATION For Today From The EMERALD ISLE,   Fr. Troy 

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive